
Literally, our adoption progress is now totally out of our hands. However, I would venture to say "was it ever really in our hands?" God has it all in His hands but there are things that we have to do along the way to make it happen and then we step a side. Monday we went and had our fingerprints taken for our Immigration approval of our daughter entering into this country. We need to have this letter before we can be matched with her. We will wait for the letter and then wait some more for our referral (to be matched with our child). I've turned a new leaf and decided that since I know we will be waiting for awhile, I'm going to look of ways to enjoy the wait! We will celebrate other families referrals and maybe the passing of every month in some way. Maybe we will buy things for our child or decorate rooms. Most importantly we will spend our time praying for her. I'll read books to prepare and we will try and learn more about Ethiopia and the way she may be used to living. We will talk about her and also just enjoy the time we have as a family of 6 now. So wait doesn't have to be a bad thing or a bad word. God has had many people wait in the Bible. So I'm determined to try and ENJOY the wait! Remind of this in . . . oh, let's say, NEXT WEEK!:)
Romans 15:5-
"Now may the God who gives comfort and strength in waiting
make you of the same mind with one another in harmony with Christ Jesus."
3 comments:
Love it, Ewing Fam!!!! This is exciting news. There is beauty in the waiting, it just takes time to slow down, get our minds off of what we want and think we need and focus on The One who set us on this journey to begin with. We will continue to pray for you all as you wait.
Much love,
Amy
The Bennett Gang will continue to keep you in our prayers during this wait. I don't think it will be that long for you! I've added you to our blog list so I can stay posted with updates!
SOOOO EXCITING! Can't wait to see what God has in store for you all! :)
Post a Comment