I love fresh starts. When you turn the calendar to a new month, when you put your feet on the floor to start a new day, and yes even starting a new year. I did a poor job of blogging in 2010 and I hope to use this fresh start in 2011 to make that better.
So as we start this year, I'm not one for resolutions but I do like to think of how I see 2011 unfolding and then watch what God will do in my life and our families. So my goal for this year is to document more of my anticipations, praying and goals and see what God will do in my life and the life of my family's. It's all his any ways. I also want to get back to journally more and having a consist prayer list.
One of the things I love about our adoption agency (All God's Chilren International), is that after you complete your paper work and start the "waiting" process they give you a waiting journal and encourage you to work on your relationship with God in the waiting process. I love that! Believe you me you can get so caught up in the process and walk away from the one whose in control because you try and take the control. I remembering this being a struggle the first time.
Anyway, to update on our process, today we got our appointment from the Homeland Security for our finger printing. We have to be finger printed so they can approve us to bring a child into this country. We will go downtown on Feb 4th for our appointment and then wait to receive our letter from the Homeland Security (FDL). We pray for our daughter (1-4yrs) in Ethiopia not knowing where she is or what her family circumstance will be or when we will even be introduced to her face and medical information. We will wait and love to live in our waiting and maybe do some blogging in the mean time!
Random picture cause I don't like to post without a picture.
1 comment:
YEAH for your FDL fingerprint appointment!!! One more step down. I am so excited to have you on this journey again and this time with us! Thank you for all your love and support. Dinner was AMAZING tonight and what a wonderful provision as we were crazy people trying to finish packing. We look forward to all this next year holds for both our families.
Love, Amy (for all)
Post a Comment