Saturday, March 07, 2009

Talking about Charlie Brown moments. . .

I know that everyone has those Charlie Brown moments, like putting the milk away in the cabinet or driving away from your house while talking on your land line phone and wondering why your call was dropped. I have quite a few!

I wanted to share one with you that happened last month. We were having a weekend where we were entertaining people at our house both Friday and Saturday night. I wish I could say that I'm a neat freak but I'm not and the kids were off of school so I ask them to help me scower the whole house and clean from top to bottom. It was the coldest day so far like -5 and wind chill of -12. Our dog had smeared her cute little face all over the back door and I asked Caleb to go out and clean it really quick. Well, in my mind I thought he would squirt a little cleaner ( I didn't give him any advice -opps) and wipe really fast but he cleaned like he always does by squirting the cleaner ALL over the door and when he went to wipe the window it has already be frozen to the glass. Needless to say, I got my coat on and helped him by blowing hot air on the cleaner and rubbing like a mad woman. They laughed so hard at the fact that I asked him to clean the window in sub zero temperatures. This is a memory that they will laugh about as they are adults and get together to remember all the silly things Mom and Dad did. Ok, probably just Mom.


2 comments:

Kathyb1960 said...

Oh one time when it was below 32 and I went out to warm up the car. When I got in to go, the window was still kinda icy on the outside, and I thought "Oh I will just turn on the window washer!" Well, I am sure you know what happened. It froze. Too funny!

shell said...

this cracked me up!! I love that you took a picture of it-i would have done the same thing!