Friday, March 20, 2009

Last Week at this Time . . .

I don't know about you but we play this game ALOT in our family. So, last week at this time I was on the road to Bloomington, IN with my hubby for an over night. (My husband planned the trip - He is great!) We had a great 24 hour getaway on my college stomping grounds. We stayed on campus at the Biddle Hotel in the student union. It was such a time warp. When we pulled onto the campus the last reminance of students were scurring to leave for spring break. Many things were shut down like the bowling alley in the union (as seen in the movie Breaking Away) and the movie showings they have there also, but we had a great time walking around and eating downtown and all. It was like I was in another world though cause we past memories on our walk that happened so long ago it almost seemed like they didn't really happen. Ever feel that way? Man, I'm getting old. In a short 4 1/2 years I'll be pulling up to some college campus somewhere to drop off my oldest for college and I know that the time between now and then are going to go FAST! Time, what an interesting concept. Enjoy the hear and now for that is where God has placed you!

Brad and I on our campus walk with the business school in the background.

Campus Chapel Arch

IU Football Stadium

Where I could be found the most on campus.

The Library and I'm not kidding either.

4 comments:

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

I love Bloomington! And I've never even lived there.

Glad y'all had a good time.

cath said...

believe me I know you lived at the library and i felt guilty. Ahhh, brings back memories.

Albert Einswine said...

Indiana, oh Indiana, Indiana we're all for you!!!! How cool to go back on campus. I think you, Cathy and I should plan a trip to Bloomington and walk around. I'll tell you what it was like from 1977 until 1981 (the year IU won the NCAA tournament with Issiah Thomas!) and you guys can tell me what it was like...um...9 years later.

the ewings said...

Yeah, Rick! How cool it was to be there is 1987 when they won with Keith Smart's last second shot. I'd LOVE to take a trip with you and Cathy! Let's do it! Maybe Cathy can tell me if the stories I remember actually happened!