Today Asher and I went downtown and got his Certificate of Citizenship. Even though he became a citizen after readoption on March 13, 2007 we had to apply through the federal government to receive a certificate of citizenship and file all of our paperwork through the Homeland Security offices. So I took all the paper work down there upon their request and all they wanted was to see his passport and green card. But we now have all the paper work complete for Asher (except to change his name and citizen status on his social security card - sigh!). We waited an hour to get in for the interview and it only took about five minutes once inside. Asher did awesome and when we were finished with the interview and waiting for the certificate he ran freely in the waiting room since no one else was around. I snaped the blurry photo of the sign hoping I could get Asher in it too but he was too happy to be out of his stroller to stand still enough for a photo. So we now have a paper that says my youngest is a Ethiopian American!

1 comment:
Yeah, that is exciting! It is amazing how much paper work there is in adoption. We have so much left to do... one step at a time. Congrats!
Post a Comment