Friday, January 19, 2007

Sensory Seeking!



Sensory Seeking! This is how the doctor described Asher this week at his one year check-up. I've been exploring this phrase in my mind and I've decided if you are sensory seeking it can mean many things. So for Asher it means lots of normal one year old behavior but also somethings that just make Asher the special boy God created him to be. So here are a few sensory seeking moments in the life of Asher 1. He loves to put everything in his mouth including leaning over the hearth and not only licking it but he scraps this top two teeth on the bricks. 2. He bangs everything with his hand, a pencil or any object he can find for his hand. His favorite pass time is banging a pot with a wooden spoon. 3. He picks up everything and first shakes it then tastes it. 4. He loves water and hates to get out of the tub. These last few weeks he has loved to bee line it to the toilet to play in that water. After many baths and changes of clothing and lectures about closing the lid and bathroom door, we now have a toilet lock. 4. Every meals is enjoyed by Asher and he loves most food. You know it's not his favorite because he will smack it on his head and make the sour face. Thus, more baths or wash downs. 5. Asher is always such a help when it comes to cleaning up. I fold clothes and he takes them back out again. 6. Now that the weather is cold. Asher loves feeling the cold in many ways like sticking out his tongue when it's windy. Yesterday while we were waiting for the kids to come off the school bus we stood at the storm door and the glass was foggy. Asher kept pressing his palm flat against it and then placing his cold wet hand on his nose and laughing. He got a kick out of that. I love his excitement for life and how he explores everything. Even though I'm an adult I'm trying to have the same outlook of experiencing life to it's fullest with wonderment.

No comments: