Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year and New Happenings!


With the New Year comes some new skills from our Asher! He goes to the doctor next week and I can't wait to see how much he has grown. Unoffically he is 23 1/2 lbs, which sounds like a typical one year old to me. And finally after almost 6 mos. of Asher preferring his father and the last few months of saying only Dada! (Which I milked for all it was worth in the middle of the night). Asher is finally saying Mama! And I love it!!!! Nothing like the sound of that word- even in the middle of the night! Asher is also a walking man! He will take only about 5-6 steps at a time but he is not afraid to get back up and keep going and he flys if he has a wall or a coffee table or sofa to stable him. We are going to be exausted from now on. I think I've found my New Year's work out! Asher also loves blowing a kiss, waving and blinking at you to flirt or get your attention quietly.

Our 2006 was so full of family times both good and hard! Lots of learning from the Lord, mostly about patience and leaning not on our own understanding but in all of our ways acknowledge Him and He will make our paths straight. Man do I take a lot of crazy paths. Am I acknowledging Him in ALL my ways? I really do need to work on this daily! This is my new years focus to acknowledge Him in ALL my ways! We had a great 2006 and look forward to all God will teach us in 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear how well you are all doing. I think Sophia and Asher must be talking to each other through the air to do the same things. She is starting to walk here and there and she is talking up a storm! We taught her wall and she just says wwwwmmmmmm. It is too cute. I love and miss you guys. Hopefully someday soon we will meet again.