Thursday, September 04, 2008

Potty Training! UGGGHHH!

Well, we've started the journey to the rite of passage of using the facilities. It is sooo much harder this time around and I think it is because I don't have the luxury of being home ALL day long. I really need to be but I have a jr higher and other older kids that need to get out for activities. We are having some funny moments and I've tried to capture some on film and video. So enjoy! If you are past this stage you can look at this a say a prayer for Asher to be productive and for me to be patient. If you haven't gotten there yet then laugh along and just wait till it's your turn. Please share your great stories with me in the comments. It will help this process seem at least a little lighter! :)




Asher with a reward - a blue M&M

One afternoon, I heard a trickle sound and was sooo excited

thinking that Asher had taken the intiative and and gone
to the potty by himself.

Only to find him dumping his juice bag down the toilet. Ugghh!


When asked who was teaching Asher to be potty trained . . .

This was his answer! He was listening when I read him that book.

Atleast I got some credit!

2 comments:

cath said...

praying for you. For Mark our last, after he was three and a half and still not making any head way, we let him go outside along the treeline in the field rather than running inside to try and go. I think it helped cause it was fun but had a hard time keeping him from wanting to go outside all the time.

Ashley said...

I hear you Chris and share your UGGGHHH. We have made huge progression in the last two weeks, but Izzy (and Evy) still isn't %100 convinced that his underwear are not for going in.