Monday, June 16, 2008

Being South of the Border!

I've just returned from Monterrey, Mexico and as you can tell from the previous post Caroline stayed for an extra week with her two Aunts and two Uncles and 13 cousins. We had an amazing week. God blessed us with unbelievable weather (no temps above 95!!)! We loved working hard, loving on kids and gathering crowds to hear testimonies and how Jesus can be their friend forever!
I had many highlights but one that really stands out is the first night we were there. We had a huge outreach event on the property of Back 2 Back where all the children's homes came and all the teens that live on their property that are in the on going educational program and staff came together (around 450-500 people). The speaker (a dynamic mexican preacher) presented the gospel and told these orphans how God saw VALUE in each and everyone of them. But the best part was when he asked the workers of all the children's homes to come up front and ask the Americans to look after the young ones on their laps. He admonished them, encouraged them, came along side them and empathized with them, thanked them (had the kids thank them), loved on them and most importantly - PRAYED FOR THEM!!! This totally touched my heart and gave me a great perspective of the week that I needed to look at ALL the opportunities to serve this week. It's not just all about the kids but there are several people I can serve!!!
She stayed on the whole time! Rid'em Cowgirl!

Just some of them - Great to have cousins!


My twin sis at the Clinic!


Mother and Daughter


At the BIG event with a 13 year old girl!


Soccer Fun!


At a ball ceremony. We try to make each child feel special when they
recieve their ball and gaterade.

I took a day to be an Aunt.

Working hard and she never complained!

This is the same boy I say last year and he had just been dropped off.

It is so good to see a smile on his face.


My partner for the Day! Just precious!


Just the beautiful mountains that can be seen anywhere.

We took some kids here to swim, hike and play - field trip.

5 comments:

cath said...

Love your pictures Chris. How are you doing adjusting to your life. Met Jen McDowel and a Trish with a really long last name who said they knew you from Hope. They approached me and said, We are curious about you.....do you have a sister? Funny huh

shell said...

I love these pictures and it looks like you guys had such an awesome time!

Thankfulmom said...

Chris,

It is great to see these pictures and read about your trip. I would love to carry anything I can to Dr. Ruth for you! Email me.

Lisa

Ashley said...

it is great to hear and see some of the things going on from back 2 back. My sister is hoping to go this fall with our church. I too would love to go back some day.

KT said...

How deeply this must bless and impact your life!
I love and admire how involved your whole family is with missions!
May God protect your daughter in her extra time there!
KT