Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Giving Thanks!

Since the turn of the month I've been thinking of things that I'm thankful for and here are a few:

1. My parents - who not only brought me into this world but to a place where I could hear about God's plan for my life and accept Christ.
2. For my brothers and sisters that have taught me much and continue to do so. From humor, to caring for one another, humor, being able to achieve whatever you want to do and not give up, that if you get lost you learn more, humor, how looking at things through a child's eye is a great way to see the world, how God will supply ALL your needs if you truly trust him, did I say HUMOR! I could go on and on.
3. For my wonderful husband that I've known for over 25 years! He is my friend and my soul mate. Man, do I love him!
4. For my amazing kids! All their wonderful personalities and the many things that they have taught me.
5. That I can have a personal friendship with the creator of this world and (for the moment) I can worship Him, pray to Him and share about Him in this wonderful country I live in.
6. That we have the ability to eat our choice of foods when we desire to eat. That I have a refrigerator to store food for many days.
7. That I have so much in this world that many around the world can only imagine and many of those people CAN'T even imagine.
8. I'm so thankful for my health and that at this time I have no pain or discomfort that I have problems dealing with daily. I'm so blessed in that way.
9. I'm thankful that I have a family to call my own. Not only the family that I was born into, but the family I married into and the church family that I'm apart of, and a family of adoption families that we have joined as well. But mostly I'm thankful to be a child of the King and that He has adopted me into His family!
10. I could go on and on but I'll end with this one for now. I'm thankful to be a mother and to hold my children, wipe noses, cheer at soccer games, go to teacher conferences, put on band aids, hold a hand when they get shots and wipe the tears when friends don't play fair, love to pray with them as they go to bed and sing and laugh with them each and every day.

I'M TRULY BLESSED! THANK YOU, LORD!

No comments: