It was at the end of this month two years ago that Brad came to me and said, Ok, I'm on board I really think we should adopt! Let me encourage you that if you don't think bring ing another child in your home is where you are - that's ok. I've been learning over the last few years how many things we can do to help. You can be a foster parent and I know that is not for everyone. You can supply the foster care system things for the children that graduate out of the program to start their adult life like pots, pans, sheets etc. I've also learned that they need mentors not only when they are in school but if they go to college foster children don't also get the same emotional support others get. You can write letters or send care packages. And the one way we started again this year doing is supporting a child overseas through World Help, but also you can sponsor child through World Vision, Compassion International and AHope. There are many other ways to help as well. These are just a few I can remember.
Love this song and I cry every time I hear it so you may want to grab a kleenex.
1 John 3:1
See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are!
No comments:
Post a Comment