Here is where I'm suppose to post 100 things about me (us).
1. This is actually my 102nd post -opps!
2. Married to the best man in the world
3. Have the best children ever!
4. I am one of 6 kids.
5. My parents were only children.
6. I have no first cousins.
7. I have no aunts and uncles
8. I have many great aunts and uncles.
9. I have a identical twin sister.
10. We switched classes to fool our teachers from 1st through 8th grade.
11. Just absolutely love Chocolate!
12. My kids have all hair colors and I love it!
13. I went to IU and got a degree in finance.
14. I use my degree with our own personal finances.
15. I have two older sisters.
16. I have two older brothers
17. I have one younger sister.
18. She is 4 minutes younger than me.
19. She is two inches taller than me.
20. I love the TV show globe trecker.
21. There is not a place in the world that I wouldn't want to see.
22. I had a german exchange student named Petra in high school.
23. We still stay in touch.
24. I know very little german.
25. I know very little swahili.
26. I took a semester in college
27. I went to Tanzania in the summer after my junior year in college.
28. My twin sister went to Alaska at the same time.
29. I feel in love with Africa that summer and wanted to return.
30. I had dinner in Dar Es Saleem with the former secretary to President Naraare (sp?).
31. I feed baboons.
32. I drove through a game park sitting in the back of a pick up.
33. Watched excitedly as an elephant charged our truck.
34. Saw Hippos in a lake.
35. Had my hair corn rowed in the center of town and the whole town came out to see it.
36. Spent my first anniversary with my husband in Moscow, Russia with 70 high school students.
37. We were in charge of a group of 12 to evangelize in the class rooms there.
38. Coldest showers ever taken were in the cold tiled bath without a curtain.
39. Went back to Russia two years later and taught english in an old communist boy scout camp.
40. I know how to say Hello, thank you and a few other phrases in 5 languages and would love to know one fluently.
41. I love math and dig numbers.
42. I have this wierd gift of remembering birthdays of individuals. But, I don't always remember in time to send a card.
43. I love Thai food! And mexican. And Ethiopian. and German
44. Ok, I just love food.
45. I love being a mother of four!
46. I was promoted from my job as secretary at our church to motherhood.
47. I started dating my husband when we were sophomores in high school.
48. We went to different schools.
49. My Jr. year he was in my year book more than I was because he was the yearbook editor
for his school and knew the photographer.
50. I played sports in school but didn't really fit in any click.
51. My favorite was soccer.
52. I played basketball and softball.
53. My favorite verse is Zephaniah 3:17
54. My children look nothing like me and I love that!
55. They are all different.
56. My youngest is Ethiopian-American.
57. I don't care for regular coffee.
58. I love Ethiopian coffee - go figure.
59. I love the beach.
60. Favorite vacation spot is Kiawah Island, SC.
61. Love my parents to pieces.
62. My mother was a cheerleader and has an amazing personality.
63. She never knew a stranger.
64. My father played basketball in college.
65. He has a watch from the NIT tournament.
66. My grandfather was a horseman in World War I in France.
67. My favorite color is green.
68. My favorite movie is National Treasure.
69. My favorite season is fall.
70. I love the ladies in my adoption group - go sistas!
71. I love serfing the net for info on other countries especially Ethiopia.
72. I love to try new things but have a hard time in new social situations.
73. I have a stress out attack when people come to stay with us.
74. Amazing Race is my absolute favorite!!
75. I drink Pepsi not Coke
76. My first pop star crush was Barry Manilow.
77. I got perms in high school to have ANY body in my hair-do.
78. I melt with the glimmer of my 6 year old dauhter's eyes when she smiles.
79. I love the bright smile across my older son's face which occurs so often and especially at school - got to love that!
80. I love the sweet spirit of my 12 year old daughter's heart. Her compassion and desire to see all come to Christ.
81. I crack up at the raise of my 1 year olds eye brows when he says."Yes, I want a banana!"
82. My husband is the smartest man I know beside my father. He is so wise
83. I love watching football with my husband.
84. We are big OSU fans and went to the 1997 Rose Bowl where OSU came back with 46 seconds left to beat Arizona State.
85. I have a bald spot on the right side of my head due to being born breach. Mom, always said "Good thing you are a girl".
86. I love a good sunset.
87. I love the giggle of a child and a belly laugh is so much better!
88. I can't believe it took me this long to tell you that I love the Lord!
89. The Lord has helped me through my anxiety issue and continues to do so. He is awesome!
90. We celebrate the let down of Christmas by eating ethnic food on our family room floor in front of the fire on the 26th of Christmas.
91. I have a black lab named Buckeye - Yes for the Ohio State Buckeyes! And She is a female!
92. I have a sister who went to law school at age 40 and is starting her own plant business.
93. I have a sister and brother that run marathons.
94. I have a brother that every birthday I apologize for all the times my twin sister and I blamed him for our stuff we did and never got in trouble.
95. Brad and I both have sisters that are missionaries in Mexico.
96. I love newborns and that is why I volunteer in the nursery cause Brad says no more babies :(, but he hasn't said - no more period yet.
97. I want to go back to Ethiopia and this time visit many towns including the small town of Boditi.
98. I loved playing soccer with children in Njombe, Tanzania.
99. I love kayaking, swimming and playing on the play ground with my family!
100. My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip.
2 comments:
Wow, I learned a ton. How long did that take.
I loved that. So much I didn't know about you. Thank you!
Post a Comment