Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Caroline's team are Champs!
If you've been reading this blog long, you'll remember an entry last Spring when Caroline's soccer team went to a tournament and got rocked, but I was still proud of them. This weekend while we were gone on our get-a-way Caroline's team was in another tournament. When we landed Brad noticed a message on his cell phone. It was Caroline bubbling with excitement saying that they won all three games and were going to the Championships that afternoon. We got our other kids and made it to the game by half time. Their team was tied 0-0 and I thought that maybe I should leave again, but I'm SO glad that I didn't. You have to understand that Caroline's team is a bit up and down and has never won more than two game in a row and never more that one tournament game all together. So this was exciting but I started to think runner up was just as good and then the both teams scored and it was tied 1-1 after regulation. Then it went to two over times and then to a shoot out where 5 girls from each side has a penalty kick against the goalie and our girls pulled out the victory and won the whole tournament. It was so exciting and the confidence that this has given them is unbelievable! Congratulations Lady Rockets!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment