Wednesday, February 21, 2007
How Would It Feel?
As I feed Asher his night time bottle last week, my thoughts went to his mother and how she felt feeding him when she had him. We don't know anything about his biological family so my thoughts are just assumptions and based on nothing real. I was wondering if she like many women in Africa (and other third world countries) was struggling to feel him. Maybe her milk ran dry from lack of nutrition in her own body and how hard that would feel. How hard to feel like you can't provide for your own children. It is the core of every mother to want to provide and care for your children. How hard it would be for me if I couldn't do that for my kids. What heart ache many parents go through on a daily basis over the surface of this earth. My heart is so overwhelmed at this thought. I pray for those families and it is then that I realize the importance of Compassion International, World Vision and other organizations that come along side the parents to put food in the bellies of this precious children while also providing the necessary supplies and uniforms to go to school. Just some sobering evening thoughts that were interrupted by the smile and laughter of a one year old finishing his bottle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's so funny that I would come visit your blog today and read this. Last night Max was snuggling on my lap drinking his sippy cup and he does this thing where he hugs you and then scratches your side. I was rubbing his head and thinking about his birthmother. I don't know the circumstances either but I imagined the insurmountable pain of knowing that she will never be able to love, comfort and enjoy him as a mother should. Thank God for the organizations who provide a way for these women to have an alternative to adoption so they can comfort and snuggle with their little ones.
Take care, Laura :)
www.nosmallfeat.typepad.com
Post a Comment