Thursday, November 30, 2006
What would it be like to be Mary???
While I read from Luke last night I really contemplated about what it would be like to have been in Mary's shoes? Tomorrow the movie "The Nativity Story" shows up in theatres and let me tell you it has me thinking about what Mary was like. Here she is stepping out in faith, I mean REAL faith without any big doubts or major question session. She is whole heartedly into it and with unabandonedment follows the Lord's leading. I mean she saw an Angel!!! She was engaged and now to have a baby. Who would believe it was from the Lord and she didn't just fool around. How much redicule did she get? How did she approach Joseph with the news and have faith that everything would work out. Some faith! She journeyed being sooooo pregnant and journeying then was nothing like journeying now. Did she really have to cross a river? (I still have to look that one up) I want a faith like Mary. I want to see God at work in my life. I feel like I've been squinting and need my eyes wide open. I'm praying this season and all seasons of my life I'll have my eyes WIDE open and my heart taking in all that God is doing and be willing to do all that he wants of me and maybe I'll have a moment to ponder back on all He has done. May we all have the heart and faith of Mary. She was only human but man, did she lean on her Lord in a big, bold way!! PS. I'll let you know what I think of the movie if I get a chance to go. If you go please let me know what you thought!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Chris - Your faith is awesome. You have such a gift to see what God is teaching you. You are amazing and a great model to being closer to Christ. Thank you for your friendship, love and support. Yes! Keep the Blog going! I look forward to each post!
Post a Comment