Sunday, November 26, 2006

What a week to be Thankful!

We have had a fun week to say the least. We've spent time with my twin sister and family two weekends in a row and also spent a week with Brad's sister's family for a week and can you believe that I only have two pictures to show for it all.

The weekend before Thanksgiving we had a support raising event for my sister's family. They are going to Mexico to be missionaries. They will work with Back 2 Back ministries which works with orphans and people of Monterrey. We were really hoping for a good turn out but didn't get what we were expecting. So, we trust that the Lord is working in the hearts of those that we sent invitations. God will provide for them in His timing we are praying how else we might be able to help. We may ask a local restuarant to get a % of their profits for a night and invite our friends to bring their families to eat.

We had a great time with our sisters and their families. Our kids play sooo well and enjoy each others company. When they come over the kids disappear and the adults get to talk. It is a wonderful thing!

We spent Thanksgiving with Brad's mom. We took a two mile walk in the morning with our dog and Grandma and then ate at her house and then went to our church where our family was on the clean up crew for the Thanksgiving meal that they served for over 200 people who needed a place to be on Thanksgiving! It was great family time. On Friday, my twin sister and family and my brother and his family joined us for a game of Lazer Tag. 40 people played in our "Misssion" and my niece who is 14 was the #3 scorer. Fun was had by all and Cathy and I watched with Asher from the observation deck.

We had a great week and to top it off. Caleb came down with the flu tonight. Hopefully, he will not be sick all night, but we shall wait and see. We are blessed in so many ways and love the four kids we have. I have a wonderful husband and best friend. I have counted my blessings this week and can't get over how incredibly blessed I am. I'm so rich in the Lord, it is like no other.

So here are some pictures of this week. Oh, yeah, it has been sooooo warm here lately we are still riding bikes and playing football outside without our coats and gloves. Can you belive it! I don't think my photos are loading so I'll try again later. Thanks for reading!

No comments: