Monday, September 18, 2006

What to do with all my feelings???

I've been wondering what God would want me to do with the passion he has given me for Africa and the heart I have for orphans. I've been wondering, do I go, adopt more and there is even a part of me (don't laugh) that wants to be God's superhero to save the day for those in need -develop a ministry to help with AIDS, or getting clean water to people, getting food or appropriate clothes to those in need. But, in my times with the Lord and even in everyday living, I've felt God leading me in another direction. He says, "Grow, where you are planted, Chris!" Be a loving encouraging and supporting wife to the wonderful husband I've given you. Be the Mom of four children that need you to nurture, feed and love them in the way I want you to and encourage them in my ways. Grow in me and I will give you ministry opportunities that you can't even dream of and do it now for nothing else, but to glorify me and so that THEY may know that I am God. WOW! Thanks, Lord! So, this week I will dig into God's Word, help with a shoe drive at church for orphans all over the world, answer the many questions people ask us about our family as we are out and about and let them know our family is wonderful by the grace of God and He gets all the glory. I will clean the house (as much as I can, honey) for the Lord, make lunches, drive to practices, play the board game of "Life" with my son and wipe bottoms and give hugs and kisses all to the glory of God and invest in the life and ministry opportunities that God gives me now. And of course, I will update you if God calls us otherwise. I am also still learning about Africa, enjoying African music and reading new things about Ethiopia and Africa in general. So, if you learn anything interesting send it along! I love to learn! So what do I do with my feelings. Love Africa, pray for Africa (that is doing a lot) and grow where I'm planted!

2 comments:

God's Beautiful Chaos said...

It looks like we are all feeling the effects of our travels. I miss Ethiopia and George and I are ready to go back. But, we are ok with ministering here for now. Just witnessing the power of the Lord thru adoption has been great. I miss you!

shell said...

love the post, thanks for sharing your feelings. i understand and am right there with you!!!! i am glad this adventure has given me new friends with similar hearts!