
Well, I should have done this one first as I have to strain my brain to remember some. But off the top of my head the smells that come back to my mind are of car exhaust and burning trash. I remember the burning smell being one that reminds me of when I went to Tanzania. Burning trash was the only way the Tanzanians could handle the trash situation. I assume the same is true from Addis but I'm not sure. I wish we would have had the chance to go to the country side but because we made three trips back to the embassy to check on paperwork we weren't able to do so. I wonder if you could smell the burning trash in the country as well. Coffee is the best smell from Ethiopia. The rich robust flavors fill the air when someone starts the wonderful coffee ceremony. I enjoyed on one ride to a back neighborhood to go to the wood carrier women's project the wonderful smell of roasted corn that was being cooked on the road side and sold. The Stews or Wats that are made for the Ethiopian dishes are so delightful and makes your nostrils dance with the flavorful spices. Can't wait to go to the Ethiopian restaurant and experience these again! YUM!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment