You may or may not remember that we are in the adoption process. There are many days that this just doesn't seem real. The wait is long and seems to be getting longer but God is in control and His timing is ALWAYS good! We started the paper process early August 2010 so it's been over a year. We had all our paperwork turned in on November 29, 2010 and have been on the wait list for almost 9 months. We entered the wait list with #100 on the girls list and # 36 ( I think, can't quite remember - it's been so long) on the Siblings list.
We got our monthly updated numbers today in our email box and we are currently 51 for girls and 18 for Siblings so we are at the half way mark! Yikes! I hope we aren't waiting for 9 more months, but only God knows! Our parameters are for a 1-4 yr old Girl so with the older parameter it could be quicker but I've been saying that for 9mos. LOL.
We are praying we can bring our child home by next April, 2012 since that is when our finger prints expire but we can redo them without a fee and I'm preparing myself to do that and the first of the year.
We are staying busy with our current four so the time does seem to be going by pretty well. This school year we have a junior, a 7th grader, a 4th grader and a Kindergartener. Yes, I did say Kindergarten! Time has gone by FAST for that! Asher has been home for 5 years and we love to see how God is growing a wonderful young boy who is ready for school! I'll be keeping busy watching a few preschoolers so I won't be home alone as of yet.
So if you don't read an adoption update, it's only because we are waiting and really don't have too much to report but I'll try and keep you updated on our numbers but what is a number anyway?? Just some to distract you that's for sure!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment