Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Out of the Month of Babes

I just love the things that preschoolers say. Asher says some of the funniest things but I have to say that I don't write them down and I know I've lost some really fun moments in his life by not taking the opportunity. Many days I wonder what is making his mind come up with the things he says. Recently, Brad has been tell stories of his father, Grandpa Ewing, to Asher. Caroline was the only grandchild that was able to have time with him since he passed away 15 years ago. She was only 13 months old so doesn't have a working memory of him either. We miss him and just want to pass on the stories for our kids to get a flavor of what a wonderful, Godly man he was and how much fun he had with his family. We are sharing a part of their heritage. So after a night of Brad sharing some Grandpa Ewing stories the next morning I was taking Caleb, Abby and Asher to school when Asher started asking questions... " Mom, can you call Heaven?" I start to answer him by saying well we can with prayer but not an actually call to Grandpa or anyone else. There was a small pause and then Asher said, "You know I love the smell of Caleb's deodorant." Huh, whaaat? He just mixed the deepest thought he's ever verbalized with the shallowest thought in less the 30 seconds. Go figure the thought process of a preschooler. But it does demonstrate his high sensory needs. :) Some of the crazy things that comes out of the month of babes. I love talking with preschoolers! What a blessing!

No comments: