This is a photo of my mother at my wedding which just so happens was 20 years ago
next month. My mother at my wedding was a radiantly beautiful person and the host of the party. She LOVES people and loves a good party so she was in her glory that night at the reception. She also is a person who has spent most of her life living for others being a mother of 6 children (which I'm #5), as any mother knows lots of sacrifice here like 6 hour swim meets, making costumes for dance recitals and many others; she took care of her mother when after her father died, she voluntered at a nursing home, made endless meals for others who were sick or recoverying in bed, and visited many people in the hospital.

So I wanted to give you that picture of who she was then and has been for so many years between then and now but life has pitched a curve ball towards my mother and she has spent the last 5-10 years suffering from Parkinson's. It was almost two years ago that I sat in a doctor's office and found out that my mother also has altzheimer's. These two dieases have been taking away the close relationship I've had with my mother and 6 months ago our family had to put her in a nursing home to help care for her. This has been a hard time for me as I am slowing grieving the wonderful relationship I've had with my mother and trying to figure out how to show my love to her in her current state. I've taking far to long to Praise Him in this storm because I was focused on my and my emotions. But I do praise Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment