Sunday, November 01, 2009

Cousin Time!!

We are sooooo fortunate to be having some heavy cousin time this fall and winter. Our brother-in-law has been brought home from Mexico for a short term assignment with his home office which is right here in town. So we have the amazing opportunity to live in the same community as Brad's sister, brother-in-law and family. They have brought 4 of their 9 with them (the other 4 are foster daughters who are in school or in jobs in Mexico and one is currently nannying in DC). We are just LOVING time with them when we can get it. But, boy can that be a challenge some weeks cause of our schedules. These photos were taken last month at a joint birthday dinner for Beth and I - our birthdays are 4 days apart. We are trying to just soak in all in cause we know it will come to an end and they will be back in Mexico before we know it.
Beth and her Mom (Brad's too)
Brad and Todd


Asher and Aidan

Caroline, Emma and Abby

Evan, Josh and Caleb





2 comments:

Leo (Jimmy) and Shannon said...

Hi Chris I have to admit that I have been stalking your blog for some time. Growing up I went to church at Hope and even went on some missions trips with Beth and Todd (who I think are two awesome people). My neice Micheala W. told me that one of her old soccer coaches adopted frow Ethiopia a long time ago then I just happen to come across your blog (well I think God had something to do with it). And then Your face and name and family all came together!!!! So I am sending you a comment because My husband and I are adopting from Ethiopia. We just sent our Dossier today!!!!! I Would love to get your email and even meet if possible? I have heard that you would be a great resource to talk too. My husband and I have just recently started a blog and I'm not sure what proper blog etiquette is but I also would love to add your blog to our sight as a blog we follow if that is ok? That is awesome that you get to spend all this time with Todd and Beth I just love them and their desire to serve God!!! Sorry for the long comment!!! Love to hear back from ya, Shannon adopted1@live.com

the ewings said...

Hey, Shannon. In case, I sent my email to the wrong address. My email is bewingfam@aol.com. Please email me. I also tried to comment on your blog and for some reason I couldn't comment. I'd really love to talk with you about your journey and all!
-Chris