It has been quite cold here for a while and this was the one weekend (maybe we'll get lucky for another) this winter that our local lake froze over and we could go skating. We don't live on this lake but would love to some day. :)
Gotta do the work to prepare the ice
Caroline working on her spins.
7 comments:
That makes me nervous to even look at! As a kid, I had a weird fear of falling through ice and dying. And, when Calvin was little, he was riding his bike on ice and FELL IN! His older cousing grabbed him with one arm right before his head went under, and surely saved his life! I make my kids stay away from ice, Im such a downer :-(
KT, I do know what you mean. Brad took the kids while I was at home. I kept waiting for them to call and tell me they were coming home so I could start the hot chocolate. I started to get nervous and think all kinds of thoughts. But as you can tell from the pics he was very close to the edge and he has been doing this for years. His family did it every year and we have skates in almost EVERY size.
I was just going to say the same thing as KT. That makes me so nervous! I am kinda a worry wart though. I'm glad they had fun!
Jen Shifflett
I love the pictures. How fun and cool that it was soooo smooth. It does look like glass. Its a great Ewing tradition. Do you think it froze fast and that is why it was smooth?
My dad says it was because we didn't get any precipitation with it-just a ton of freezing days. :)
-Caroline
i am SO impressed caroline! i am not kidding when i say i have been ice skating ONCE and it was an awful experience!! you are good!
love you said 1 of the ewing
Post a Comment