Monday, September 24, 2007

Gitty Up!

This weekend Abby had a horse show and it was a day full of fun. The riding academy has horse shows to let the riders test their progress and everyone goes home a winner with lots of ribbons. The idea is to have fun and do your best! They hold a prayer service before they start. It's just a great atmosphere. Abby had the best time riding and showing her horse Joy. And as you can tell she came home with lots of ribbons. She truly loves horses and loves the time she can spend at the barn. The jacket I bought for many harvest party costume riders finally got to chance to catch a ride on a real horse.

2 comments:

Sharon K Ewing said...

WOW Abby! How little you are but how grown up you look! I bet you and your folks are so proud. We are too! My family owned a horse for a month when I was a kid. It kicked me real hard in the back and I had a horse shoe print bruise for a long time. It spooked and ran off with my sister on it's back and bucked off my dad and he
broke shoulder and arm. Needless to say we sold it. I am still uncomfortable around horses. I made the mistake of not going back around them after I got kicked. Uncle Tim LOVES them and so does Courtney - she still says she never got "her" horse that she always wanted. Grandpa Great Ewing is smiling - he was a true horse man:) Amazing Abby - that's what you are. Love Aunt Sharon

God's Beautiful Chaos said...

How cool for her! I have always loved horses and when I was younger I showed and raced. I loved it. Someday I will do it again ....