Thursday, June 14, 2007

Two for the Price of One - I Wish!

Well, yesterday we went to TWO dr. appts. We had an orthopedic appt scheduled but also took him to his ped. because Asher had not been sleeping for about four nights and naps have been bad too. So we went to check out his ears. He ended up having fluid in his right ear causing him pain but no need for an antibiotic. The doc said he probably had an infection and it is just clearing up.

So here is what the orthopedic had to say about Asher's legs. The doctor's main response was let wait and see. He thinks that this could be a regular case of bowed legs and that time will straighten them. He also said that with bowed legs in toddlers usually is at its worse at the age of 18 mos (the exact age of our precious Asher). But he also said that we need to keep an eye on him and have him x-rayed in 6 mos for a slight chance that he would have Blount's disease (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001584.htm) which is a disease where the inner part of the tibia just below the knee fails to develop normally causing angulation of the bone. So, we will wait and see and I'll update you come Dec. Thanks for your prayers!

Last night after a day of doctors we went to the Reds game. They lost but we had a great time with our niece from Monterrey, Mexico. It was both her first experience and Asher's first experience at the Red's game. She thought the seventh inning stretch was interesting and couldn't believe that everyone knew the same song. We watched the boats on the river, many give aways and games and even had fireworks for the one home run by the home team and, of course, we had all the ball park foods, Nachos, peanuts and we brought our families tradition of M&Ms. It was a fun evening!

2 comments:

God's Beautiful Chaos said...

I will be praying for his legs. I worry about SOphia's too, but have told myself to wait it out. Now I will! How fun to go to the game! I wish we could go with you. Someday....

cath said...

Great to see Olga. She looks like she's having fun. Hey, don't make me look like the boring twin will you? Our phone isn't working for some reason. Sorry I haven't emailed much. We are praying for Asher and love your blog.
Love you.
Cathy