Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day!

I have the best Dad in the world. My Dad was there when I was growing up to give me advise, he coached my softball and basketball teams and helped to give me many pointers on the game, but the best thing I recieved from my Father was time. My Father always gave us time whether it was time shooting baskets, time to talk while taking a walk, even time teaching me how to drive (boy did that take some time). But my favorite time with my Dad was devotion time. When I was little my Dad read to us from a book called "Little Visits with God" and as I got older my Dad would read to us from "Our Daily Bread" and I don't live with my Dad any longer but my Dad still calls every once in a while to pass on a good devotion he read here or there and I love when my Dad shares about God's Word and how it is teaching him and alive in today's world. Thanks Dad! (In case you think I grew my hair out - this picture is of my twin sister, Cathy - I guess I need a new picture Mom and Dad)!


My husband is an amazing father!!! I love to see him with my kids and they can't get enough of him. When he walks in the door a chorus rings from our house "Dad's Home!" and everyone comes running. Every morning the kids want to know if Dad's still getting ready for work or can they call him and tell him Good Morning! My kids are sooooo bonded to him. And he makes life so much fun. Even in this picture taken on our Father's Day outing which consists of Putt-Putt, Wendy's Frosties and the park (the frosties were dinner, by the way, requested by Dad), Brad was throwing up Asher and trying to get him to smile for the picture when Asher's shoe goes flying toward me and everyone laughs, but Asher, of course. Dad knows how to have fun! And I'm so glad he does! Dad also gives great wisdom, a listening ear and is the best fan in whatever the kids are involved in! He puts God first in all he does and always puts us infront of his work and many, many times that is not easy to do. We love our Dad!

2 comments:

lcm0709 said...

Double the blessings! I love your tribute to your father and your children's father. It is so great for me to read these wonderful stories about my friends and their families. BTW - I totally thought that was you! I bet you guys had fun as teenagers with that ole "It wasn't me" trick. LOL

Laura :)
www.nosmallfeat.typepad.com

shell said...

what an awesome picture!!!!! i love it!!!