I have the best family in the world! And in it I have an amazing husband and four wonderful children! I was fooled by my daughter in the last post and she was paid well for her kind words (:0) Just kidding! She mentioned a soccer tournament this last weekend. We packed everyone into the van and headed to Lexington, KY on this most beautiful weekend. We had a great time with wonderful weather, a fun night at a hotel, lots of fun foods, great party time with friends and family on the soccer team and of course the pool! Caroline's team played three teams that were two and three levels higher than their team so needless to say there wasn't too much success. Well at least not success as most people see it, but I would say that this weekend was a smashing success in a different way.Our team improved their level of play, they learned that the calls don't always go your way and they learned that winning is not the only measure of success. They were successfull this weekend because they never gave up and they poured it on when everyone else would have felt empty. They played with integrity and fairness and didn't let things said or done get to them. It wasn't all about any individual but about the team! I'm so proud of them all and when we got home I was joking with Caroline about getting ready for another game that evening and she smiled and said she wish she had one. It's not always the out come but the journey that matters! And that is what I'm taking away from this weekend and these 12 year old girls that gave it their all- No Matter What!
Isn't that what God has done for us. He gave His all regardless of how unapreciative we are and very undeserving of it. He had integrity and fairness even though everyone around him was displaying something different. He poured out His life for us when He should have been empty. Wow, I didn't start out to make this a spiritual analogy! God is good and teaching me every day! Thank you, Lord!
3 comments:
Its easy to see how Caroline gets her Christian maturity.
Hi there,
My name is Debbie....you don't know me. I came across your blog by a friend of a friend. We are adopting 2 sisters from Ethiopia.
we have our referral and are just waiting for all the other stuff. Anyway you have a beautiful family.
Debbie
Hey Debbie,
Thanks for the intro. I'm excited that you have your referral. What are their ages? Do you have a blog?
Post a Comment