Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A picture paints 1000 words! Gotta see these!

Wow! A world away there are photos of a faith I can not even fathom. Take a look at the photos on the web site. Most are taken in Sodo, Ethiopia in the region that Asher is from in Ethiopia. He is from Bodite that sits on the river that is shown in these photos. One photo talks about a women getting water 5 miles from her home and how a child in her home died from disease caught from drinking the water. We all need water and how important clean water is to everyone on this earth. I'm amazed and in awe how different our lives are from those across the world and I know this happens else where not just Ethiopia. Only by the grace of God was I born in the US (the richest country in the world) to the family I am apart of today. What a blessing! Am I worth it? Do I deserve it? No. Am I grateful enough? Never!

These photos educate me, make me grateful and urge me to pray for the people of Ethiopia and others around the world struggling to survive. They also stir a passion in my heart for Africa, but I don't know what to do about that yet. Still praying!

It's not by MIGHT, not by POWER but by MY SPIRIT. . .

Here's the link http://www.womeninphotography.org/archive15-July03%20/member_prof/12MenNChurchLarge.html

No comments: